1 (Greek mythology) monster with nine heads; when struck off each head was replaced by two new ones; "Hydra was slain by Hercules"
2 a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer [syn: Snake]
3 trouble that cannot be overcome by a single effort because of its many aspects or its persistent and pervasive quality; "we may be facing a hydra that defies any easy solution"
4 small tubular solitary freshwater hydrozoan polyp
- , /ˈhaɪdrə/, /"haIdr@/
any of several small freshwater polyps of the genus Hydra and related genera
- Finnish: lampipolyyppi
- A water-snake.
Hydra may refer to:
It may also refer to:
- Hydra (chess), a chess computer.
- Hydra (operating system).
- Hydra (software), a software used to test weak computer network passwords.
- HYDRA Game Development Kit, a retro games development system, by André LaMothe.
- HMS Hydra, the name of several Royal Navy vessels.
- Hydra, a hydrogen ship.
- Hydra 70, an air-to-ground rocket.
- Hydra Project (EU Project), EU funded research project.
- HYDRA, a
secret criminal organization in the Marvel Universe.
- …led by Viper (Madame Hydra), a Marvel supervillian, and enemy of the Avengers.
- Hydra (Transformers), one of several Transformers characters.
- The Hydra, a Cthulhu Mythos deity created by
- Mother Hydra, co-ruler of the Deep One race and consort of Father Dagon in the fictional Cthulhu mythos.
- The Hydra flak tank in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Hydra, a DHARMA Initiative station on the TV series Lost.
Hydra may also be used for:
- Hydra, a performance-based CPA advertising affiliate network.
- Hydra e.V., a German prostitutes' organization, see German Hydra e.V. Wikipedia article.
hydra in Catalan: Hidra
hydra in Czech: Hydra (rozcestník)
hydra in Danish: Hydra
hydra in German: Hydra
hydra in Estonian: Hydra
hydra in Spanish: Hidra
hydra in Esperanto: Hidro
hydra in Finnish: Hydra
hydra in French: Hydra
hydra in Korean: 히드라
hydra in Croatian: Hidra
hydra in Italian: Idra
hydra in Latin: Hydra
hydra in Luxembourgish: Hydra
hydra in Latvian: Hidra
hydra in Hungarian: Hydra
hydra in Dutch: Hydra
hydra in Japanese: ヒドラ
hydra in Norwegian: Hydra
hydra in Low German: Hydra
hydra in Polish: Hydra (ujednoznacznienie)
hydra in Portuguese: Hidra
hydra in Russian: Гидра
hydra in Slovak: Hydra
hydra in Slovenian: Hidra
hydra in Thai: ไฮดรา